In-depth video guide:
Run using python:
- Install poetry
- Clone or download the files from the Gyroflow repository
- Navigate to the folder using a commandline and install dependencies using
- Run the application using
poetry run python gyroflow.py
Youtube channel with updates
FPV stabilization tools FB group
RSgoBlackbox discord server
Motion data sources
- GoPro metadata
- Insta360 metadata
- Main drone flight controller
- Auxilliary drone flight controller
- Runcam 5 Orange or iFlight GOCam GR
- Custom logger electronics.
- Low rolling shutter is preferred (less jello)
- Highest possible field of view for more room to play with. This means 4:3 aspect for 4:3 sensors.
- High-ish shutter speed decreases stabilization-induced motion blur. E.g. 90 degree shutter is usually fine. 180 degree shutter can give decent results if the source was mostly smooth.
- Few/no dropped or duplicated frames in the footage. Can be fixed through processing in some cases.
- Square or linearly stretched pixels. Anamorphic footage is untested.